serving size – four
20 brussels sprouts – cut in half
2 oz pancetta – cut up or diced small 1 garlic clove – crushed and minced 1 oz dried cranberries
1 to 2 cups of chicken stock
1 pinch dried chili
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
to taste kosher salt and pepper
1) In a large cast iron pan add the olive oil and bring to a medium heat.
2) Place the brussel sprouts on the cut side down, add the pancetta, cook the sprouts to golden brown then turn over.
3) Add the cranberries, garlic, chili and cook for 1 min.
4) Add the chicken stock, bring to a simmer, reduce the stock down to a glaze at which point the sprouts should be cooked
5) Add red wine vinegar and season to taste
6) Serve immediately