Okanagan apple, celery, Avonlea aged cheddar, walnut, and lemon pepper dressing.
1 apple, cold, chopped
3oz celery, sliced
1oz walnuts, roasted and chopped
10g of parsley leaves
10g of tarragon leaves
2oz Szechuan peppercorn vinaigrette
2oz Avonlea cheddar, grated
- Toss all the ingredients except the cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Arrange the salad in a single layer in a 10″ shallow bowl.
- Garnish with lots of cheese on top.
Szechuan Peppercorn Vinaigrette
150g lemon juice
100g olive oil
100g canola oil
3g Szechaun peppercorns
- Toast peppercorns in a dry skillet over medium heat until aromatic.
- Pulverize in a blender or spice grinder until coarse but not fully broken down.
- Mix all remaining ingredients with a whisk in a large stainless steel bowl.
- Add peppercorns and mix further.