6oz brussel sprouts, halved
20g concord grapes, pickled
20g canola oil
10g parsley leaves, whole
3g pine nuts, roasted and roughly blitzed
1g sherry vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Heat a pan and place brussels face down, season with salt. Then add a thin layer of oil. This will prevent oil splatter from sprouts.
- Once you see light golden brown, place in oven.
- Cook until the stem is tender. You are trying to achieve a dark golden brown colour.
- Wilt parsley, strain excess oil and transfer to a stainless steel bowl.
- Add sherry vinegar and grapes to the bowl, toss to combine.
- Place on an oval plate and garnish with pine nuts.
Pickled Concord Grapes
300g white wine vinegar
1g bay leaves
10g black peppercorns, toasted
5g coriander seeds
- Place all ingredients into a pot and bring it up to a boil
- Transfer pickling liquid into a heat proof container and chill on ice immediately
- Once cool strain spices and aromatics.
- Cover concord grapes with cooled pickling liquid for minimum 12 hours before using.